This exciting excursion combines the perfect blend of outdoor activities and picture-perfect views. Gaze out at 24 snow-capped peaks – including the Eiger, Mönch, Jungfrau, Matterhorn, Grand Combin and even Mont Blanc in the distance, as you ascend in the cable car up to the Glacier 3000 mountain station. Enjoy this alpine paradise allowing visitors the opportunity to ski, hike on the glacier plateau, snowboard, or even experience a dogsled ride. Feeling adventurous? Take a stroll on the Tissot Peak Walk, a 107 metre long suspension bridge connecting two peaks together and providing stunning views. Or maybe a ride on the Alpine Coaster, the world’s highest toboggan run. This excursion will fill your day with memories that will last a lifetime, an experience that simply makes you feel alive!
Experience the thrill of Glacier 3000 with this great excursion
- Board the cable car in Col du Pillon to the Glacier 3000 mountain station
- Dramatic panoramic views of 24 snow-capped peaks including the well-known Jungfrau, Matterhorn, Eiger, and Mont BlancIssued as an exchange voucher
- Tissot Peak Walk – 107 m long (351 feet) suspension bridge with stunning views connecting two peaks
- Children under 6 travel free sharing adult passenger’s seat
- Discount offered with Swiss Travel Pass
- Ice Express Chairlift: your ride to the Glacier and many activities including Glacier Walk and Fun Park
- Roundtrip travel from Col du Pillon to Glacier 3000 by cable car.
- Peak Walk by Tissot: suspension footbridge of 107m/351ft length, open year-round, free of charge.
- Includes Ice Express Chairlift, Glacier Walk and Fun Park.
- Discounted fares are from Col du Pillon to Glacier 3000 when traveling with a Swiss Travel Pass, Swiss Half Fare Card and Eurail Pass that includes Switzerland, please refer to the type of pass you have when selecting your tickets.
- Eurail Pass holders and Swiss Half Fare Card holders will need to purchase an additional ticket for the postal bus from Gstaad or Les Diablerets to Col du Pillon. (Les Diablerets is 3/4 mile from Col du Pillon).
- All child rates are valid for children ages 6 -15.
- Children under 6 are free.
- Children traveling with a Swiss Family Card are free when they travel with a parent or guardian that is traveling with a Swiss Travel Pass. Where noted below, please indicate the number of children that are NOT covered by the Swiss Family Card. Note: these children will be required to purchase a ticket.
- Train tickets and the Swiss Transfer ticket are not valid for rail pass discounts.
- Exchange voucher for actual ticket within 6 months of date of issue with cashier at the valley station in Col du Pillon.
- Tickets are valid for six months from date of purchase.
- Cable car operates daily every 20 minutes to summit station Glacier 3000 from 9:00 am to 4:30 pm. (Travel time: 15 minutes).
- Prices are subject to change.
From our travel community
You may also be interested in
Common Questions, Simple Answers
Q. Do you offer e-tickets?
A. Yes, on certain rail lines. There are two types of e-tickets:
Print at home and Print at the Station
Let’s begin with Print at Home e-tickets, of which there are 3 different types.
The first type of e-tickets are those issued as a PDF’s which will be emailed to you and can be downloaded via a link contained in your Rail Europe email confirmation. You must print the PDF (using a printer) and bring your ticket with you to board the train.
The second type of e-tickets are those that are individually emailed to you. You must print the email (using a printer) and bring it with you to board the train – this is your train ticket. Each ticket will be in a separate email, so if you booked more than one ticket, please be sure you print all tickets that were emailed to you.
The last type of e-tickets are those which have a unique e-ticket confirmation code that is printed on your Rail Europe confirmation email. You must provide the e-ticket confirmation code along with your id to the conductor on board the train.
Next, Print at the station e-tickets!
You will receive a 6 or 8 alpha-numeric e-ticket confirmation code (also known as a PNR or Passenger Name Record) in your Rail Europe confirmation email, which you then enter into a self-service kiosk at the train station in Europe to print out your actual train ticket.
Use this e-ticket confirmation code at a self-service kiosk at the train station to retrieve your ticket. Not all rail lines offer these e-ticket options. Once you have selected a ticket on our website, you’ll be able to choose from its available methods of issuance at checkout.
Q. Seat Reservations are sold out for the train I want to take. What should I do?
A. If the train you’re planning to take requires a reservation and reservations are sold out, there are only two things you can do. Purchase a regular, full-fare ticket if those are still available, or try to travel on another train (later or earlier) that has reservations available.
Q. What credit cards does Rail Europe accept online?
A. You can use an American Express, Diner’s Club, Discover, MasterCard, or Visa card on our website.
Q. Do I need to make a reservation if I’m traveling with a rail pass on an overnight train?
A. Yes. Even with your rail pass, you will need to make a reservation on any overnight train. Reservations are required for sleeping compartments, couchettes, and seats. Depending on where you’re traveling, the guidelines of the specific train and/or the type of rail pass you have, you may be entitled to purchase a reservation in place of a full price ticket.
You can search for overnight reservations directly on our website - just be sure to select the "I have a rail pass" option.
Q. What food and drink options are on board?
A. If the train you’re traveling on offers a bar-buffet car, you’re free to walk in, sit down and eat. Or as soon as the restaurant car opens, make a reservation for any time of day.
On many long distance trains there may be an attendant with a snack cart who travels from car to car.
Bar-buffet cars are a unique part of the train experience, where the quality of the food and wine can rival that of a gourmet restaurant. With the exception of Eurostar, special meal requests are not available. But typically, regular menu options are plentiful and usually cater to most taste buds or dietary restrictions.
If you travel with a Premier Class ticket, food and drinks are included and served at your seat or in the bar-buffet car.
On local trains there’s usually no catering. However, you are welcome to bring your own food and drinks on board. Please make sure to follow the local law when considering taking alcoholic drinks on board any train.
Q. What do I need to show to the conductor when traveling by train with a rail pass?
A. While traveling with a rail pass, you will need to show the conductor your pass. Be sure your pass is activated prior to boarding the train. For trains that require reservations, be sure to have your valid reservations ready to show the conductor, as well. Lastly, it is not uncommon for a conductor to request to see your passport, best to keep it handy.
Q. Can I book group fares online?
A. Due to the nature of group inventory, group fares are not available online. To receive a quote from one of our dedicated group consultants, please fill out the quick and easy Group Quote form and an agent from our group department will contact you within 48-72 hours.
Q. How can I subscribe to or unsubscribe from your e newsletter?
A. You can subscribe or unsubscribe from our e-newsletter at any time from your Rail Europe online account page. You will also find newsletter signup forms throughout our site, just enter your email address to begin receiving tips, deals, and offers in your inbox!
To unsubscribe, you can simply click the unsubscribe link found at the footer of our e-newsletter. This will unsubscribe you immediately.
Q. What information do I need to provide in a booking to purchase with Rail Europe?
A. We require your name as it appears on your passport (first and last name only), gender, and (in some cases) date of birth. Please note that this same information will be necessary for all travellers in your travel party.
Depending on the type of train ticket you are booking, we may also need a physical mailing address where we can send your travel documents. We send documents using traceable shipping methods, and the package will need to be signed for. In addition, we’ll need a valid email address so we can send you an invoice, and a phone number in case we need to contact you regarding your booking.
Q. I just placed a booking and realized I made a mistake. How can I make changes?
A. If you need to get in touch with us regarding your booking, please visit our Contact Us page for assistance. As long as it hasn’t been invoiced yet, it’s usually not a problem to fix it. However, please note that an exchange fee and price change may be applicable depending on what needs to be changed.