Additional Terms and Conditions
More details for submitting a request:
All original paper tickets/rail passes/reservations, supporting documents and the completed Contact Us request involving request for Cancellations, Strikes or Missed Connections must be sent to the local RE branch or customer service office to complete their credit or re-imbursement request once the initial Contact Us request has been submitted and reviewed.
Once the initial email claim has been reviewed and accepted, travellers will receive an email from Rail Europe advising where the address of the local RE branch or customer service office. NOTE – the credit or re-imbursement request is only released for accepted claims once the original paper documents have been received by Rail Europe
It is recommended that product(s) being returned for a claim under this program be sent by a traceable mail / post service.
This plan is administered by RE and can be revised or terminated at our sole discretion at anytime with or without notice. In the case that Rail Protection Plan is terminated, only tickets/rail passes/reservations/ orders issued BEFORE the date of termination will be covered.
Description of Rail Protection Plan:
Rail Protection Plan is non-refundable and non-exchangeable except as noted below.
If travellers can prove, with supporting documentation that they previously purchased an insurance policy covering same benefits as the RPP, travellers are entitled to cancel and receive a full refund on the cost of the RPP purchased with Rail Europe. Written notification along with supporting insurance documentation must be received within 14 days from original purchase date and none of the RPP benefits may have been used to receive an instore credit or refund.
If you make any claim knowing it to be false or fraudulent in any respect, no benefit shall exist for such claim and your benefits may be cancelled. Each claimant agrees that representations regarding claims will be accurate and complete. Any and all relevant provisions shall be void in case of fraud, intentional concealment, or misrepresentation of material fact.
Exclusions: This program does not apply to any loss caused by:
- Delay or detention or confiscation by Customs Officers or Officials or Police or other Security Officers.
- Product(s) not in clients’ actual possession at the time of loss.
- Acts of God, war, invasion, act of foreign enemy, hostilities (whether war be declared or not), terrorist acts, civil war, rebellion, revolution, insurrection, military or usurped power.
- Any dishonest, fraudulent or criminal act by the paper tickets/rail passes/reservations/city passes/tours holder.
- Damage due to wear and tear, gradual deterioration, vermin or inherent vice.
- No change to this program will be valid unless authorized solely by RE.
- No legal action can be brought against RE to recover until sixty (60) days after we received a completed RPP Request from this form.
- No legal action against RE may be brought more than five (5) years after the time for submitting the completed RPP Request from the Contact Us Page. Further, no legal action may be brought against RE unless all the terms of the RPP have been complied with fully.
- Some products may already include some of the benefits under the Rail Protection Plan. Please consult your terms and conditions for selected products BEFORE purchasing the Rail Protection Plan.
- RPP Coupon codes issued for cancelled products under the RPP may be combined with other promotional coupon codes offers but only by following these steps:
*Only one coupon code can be used in an online booking.
*In order to combine the value of the RPP Coupon Code with a Rail Europe Promotional code, enter the Rail Europe promotional coupon code to booking online and pay for the booking before RPP Coupon Code discount has been applied.
*Once the booking is completed, email the RPP coupon code and new booking number containing the promotional discount to Rail_Protection@raileurope.com
*Provided the RPP coupon code has not been used on a previous booking, travellers will be issued a refund equal to the value of the RPP Coupon Code back to the original form of payment used in the online booking.
- The Rail Protection Plan coupon code is an in store credit with Rail Europe and cannot be sold or bartered, is non-transferable, has no cash value, and cannot be exchanged for cash.
Rail Protection Plan Terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of France. If no amicable settlement is reached, all disputes concerning the RPP will come under the jurisdiction of France.
For additional terms and conditions complete details please visit the Rail Protection Plan terms and conditions available on the Rail Europe website.
Questions on the RPP or to start a request for a refund
Start your RPP reimbursement request by filling out the contact us form below.